Wednesday 27 April 2011

GERARD HOULLIER TO BE DISCHARGED FROM HOSPITAL.HE MUST BE CAREFUL

Gerard Houllier must put his health first.The Aston Villa manager is leaving hospital after suffering from chest pains.Gerard,63,was admitted to Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital Coronary unit last Wednesday.I was at Anfield when he was rushed to hosital during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Leeds in October 2001 when he was boss there.It was very serious..a repair to the main aortic valve.He was lucky to survive.Houllier who has always treated me very well formed a sort of medial bond because in February 2011 he was aware that I had a stroke on my way to Old Trafford.We had lunch soon after he arrived at the Villa training ground and he appeared at the big charity lunch for me shortly afterwards.It has been a very tough season at Villa with plenty of problems.For his own sake I hope this highly intelligent and very good man reviews his future in football management.Health has to come first.I certainly assessed and adjusted my career after my big warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment