Tuesday 1 June 2010

I CHOSE 6 OF THE 7 CAPELLO LEFT OUT BUT NOT THEO WALCOTT!

So on Monday I gave you the seven I thought Fabio Capello would leave behin d for the World Cup.I got one wrong.He is taking Aston Villa defender Stephen Warnock but not Arsenal's Theo Walcott.Not that Walcott was consistent but he played in both the England friendlies last week! I was sure he would not pick Adam Johnson but it is the one I do not agree with.Johnson would bring something extra in a game when all else might have failed.Sure he is very young and his time will come.But in previous World Cups when England are facing the exit they often have not been able to play with something different.I feel that Johnson could do that and was worth the gamble as the 23rd player to go..Fabio Capello has done the Italian thing by doubling up on every position but under his management England have conceeded in most games.You won't win the World Cup doing that....my starting choice would include Joe Hart in goal,Terry and Ferdinand if fit in central defence,Gerrrard and Lampard in mid-field,Rooney with Defoe or Crouch up front and Lennon on one wing,Joe Cole on the other.Lets see who the only vote that matters polls....

No comments:

Post a Comment