Monday 23 May 2011

DO WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT I DO

Puzzled to see the Daily Telegraph's Jonathan Liew write in the paper's sports section that the TV commentary boxes " still a stubbornly male domain despite the fall-out from the Sky TV controversy"....he claims the UK is a country where more women watch football than Eastenders and claims that the fact that the game has produced not one regular TV commentator is a disgrace.So I looked through the several pages that the Daily Telegraph provide on football and guess what?I could not find one football report or column from the female sex!Perhaps Mr Liew could in lieu of this absence give his column over to a female.I am all for using females if they are good enough.I have Sky's presenter Sarah-Jane Mee her first on screen studio job and look how good she is.Gabby Logan,Sue Barker,Clare Balding and so on do great jobs.Commentating on football may or may not happen.It should be all about who is good enough for the job.The BBC have tried Jacquie Oakley but obviously do not think she is better yet than the male counter-parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment