Tuesday 1 February 2011

CHRIS POWELL WILL BE VERY GOOD AS A MANAGER

Chris Powell is a top person and has the qualities to be a very good football manager.Until recently he was chairman of the PFA and on the coaching staff at Leicester where I was responsible for bringing him into the club.Its happened like this: Leicester's then left back Joey Mattock was carried off in an early season game in 2008-2009.I had a drink afterwards with the then Leicester manager Nigel Pearson who asked me where he could sign another left back.I told him that Chris was without a club,great person to have around and was fit despite a month away from his 39th birthday.A few weeks later Nigel told me that I had done "your club" a big favour.Chris has signed and played.He was,said Pearson,one the fittest in the club and was great with the younger players.He was management material.Now Powell gets his chance with his old club Charlton where he made over 200 appearances as a player.

No comments:

Post a Comment